Wednesday, January 18, 2012

What I Need To Know about WRITING AND WRITERS to Become a Better Writer

What really stood out to me from the presentations from the four writers, were how they said how descriptive you have to be in your writing. Marni Gillard said that it was very important to put the reader, or listener, because they will have a better understanding if they really know the character. M.E. Kemp said that it is important to be descriptive so it sends the reader back to that time. Describing might be the most important skill in writing.

I think for the documentary that our topic should be describing, and recreating an event. This is an important topic to me, because most of what I read is about sports, whether they are describing an actual sporting event, or a fictional one. I would like to know how to write this genre more effectively, and the recreation of the event is the most important part of this kind of writing.

1/17 speaker = 4 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment